There are various ways to relieve back pain. But this will depend on what causes and how long lower back pain lasts. Many individuals who suffer from this kind of condition look for ways on how to cure back pain for a longer period of time or even treating it forever.
To make it easier for you, here are the fast ways on how to cure lower back pain.
1. Over the counter medicines – For fast relief of back pain, here are the non-prescribed medicines that can help alleviate pain in the back.
• Non- steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs ( NSAIDs)
• Muscle relaxants
• Pain killers
These drugs can be treat back pain temporarily. Consult a doctor first just to be sure and follow the directions on how to use these medicines.
2. Hot or cold patches – Hot patches or pads relieve back pain fast including ice packs. You can also merge hot and cold to the affected area to treat back pain fast.
3. Rest – Rest in a comfortable pose to relax the muscles and the bones in the back. Release the tension in your back by placing pillows on your chair if you are at work. A proper sleeping position with a pillow under the knees can help cure backache fast.
4. Simple exercises – Simple exercises can also help treat back pain fast. Simple walking, running or even swimming will flex the muscles and bones.
In this way, tension and stress is released at the back part of the body. Other exercises are as follows:
• Cat stretch
• Leg stretch
• Back stretch
• Treadmill exercise
5. Massage – Massage relaxes the muscles and the spine thus treating lower back pain. An expert masseur or a physical therapist can do it for you. Rubbing creams like capsaicin, ginger and other mentholated topical creams can be used to enhance the process of massaging.
6. Diet – It is also important to watch your food intake. Because of obesity and aging back pain occurs. Eat nutritious foods that will strengthen the bones and will help build up muscles tissues. With proper nutrition, back pain can be relieved.
7. Acupuncture – Acupuncture is a non surgical method that helps cure backache. Sterilized needles are used to treat the imbalanced energy flow in the body treating the aching back.
8. Water therapy – Water is very effective in treating back pain. By drinking lots of water, the toxins in your kidneys are flushed out and your muscles and bones are hydrates as well. You can also use water to massage your back by taking a shower or a nice bath in a hot tub.
9. Spinal manipulation – For fast treatment of back pain, you can ask help from a chiropractor to manipulate your spine in its proper alignment. Pilates method also helps manipulate your spine using the correct method.
10. Surgery – The fastest way to treat back pain is through surgery. This is done when backache is acute or chronic and there are underlying conditions like tumors.
The best thing to do to treat pain in the back is to seek first the help of a doctor to properly diagnose and cure pain in the back fast.